· 1/4 cup buttermilk
· 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon table salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and chopped
· 3 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
· 8 slices hearty sandwich bred, toasted
· 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
· 2 tomatoes, cored and sliced thin
1) Combine buttermilk, lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add avocado and mash into dressing with fork. Stir in chicken until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Place heaping 1/2 cup chicken salad on each of 4 bread slices. Divide and arrange lettuce and tomatoes over chicken salad, then top with remaining bread slices. Serve at room temperature or cold.
From: The Complete Summer Cookbook: Beat the Heat with 500 Recipes That Make the Most of Summer’s Bounty
By: America’s Test Kitchen